This powerful "medicine" can trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in your body.
1) Strengthens the immune system by decreasing stress hormones and supporting a healthy environment for immune cells and antibodies
2) Boosts your mood by helping to balance mood & relaxation hormones such as serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin
3) Helps to reduce pain by decreasing body tension and stimulating the release of endorphins (feel good chemicals)
4) Protects your body against the damages of stress
5) Helps connect us to others which can improve social connectedness
6) Is heart healthy by increasing oxygenated blood flow through the heart - just think of those belly laughs and deep breathing
7) Helps burn approximately 40 calories for 10-15 minutes of whole hearted laughter
Are you sold on adding laughter to your life yet?
What show, movies, social media links do you use to bring laughter into your life?
Share a little humor and laughter today!
Cindy Fehr RN(NP)
Cindy is an experienced RN(NP) residing in Southern Manitoba, Canada, with a passion to support her patients looking and feeling their best at every age. This blog is to support patients in gaining knowledge about skincare, medical aesthetics procedures, and health & wellness practices. It is her goal to share the knowledge she gains from continuous reading of research, and regular continuing professional development sessions. Pursuit of personal and professional growth is paramount to Cindy and she loves to share this learning with her patients.